- Coca-Cola IPTL: Rafael Nadal downs Roger Federer in thriller as Indian Aces beat UAE Royals (India.com)
Nadal led 23-11 in competitive head to head encounters. And they began with fierce intent, both charging to the net at every opportunity and attempting winners. Nadal broke Federer in the first game to go 2-0 up but Federer was soon level at 2-2. Nadal quickly regained his ascendancy by breaking the Swiss and then holding serve.
- Five life lessons from Nadal (Nalin Mehta / The Times of India)
When asked about how he motivates himself about getting back into the top bracket, he says, “I am no. 5 in the world, you know. I am not no. 15. That’s the top. I want to be better, yes but… I never considered myself that amazing to say that no. 5 is a disaster. I always try and be happy with the things that happened to me. I feel so lucky with the career I have… My motivation is the love that I have for the game, the passion and I am happy playing tennis and the things I am doing today.”
- Ode to Rafa Nadal: A special athlete, a special human being (Rudroneel Ghosh / The Times of India)
How do you react when your sports idol manifests himself before you, shakes your hand and winks at you? What do you say to the man who has been an inspiration to you for a large part of your life? How do you stay calm when you realise that in addition to his awesome prowess on the tennis court, Rafael Nadal is perhaps the most charming person you have ever met?
“A combination of both our styles and tactics make the matches very interesting. I feel very lucky and special to part of this rivalry,” Nadal said. “We have had a lot of important moments in our careers competing against each other.”
- I am a very good loser, Guest Editor Rafael Nadal tells TOI (The Times of India)
Rafa: You cannot really plan those things. I play less if I win more, I play more if I win less, that’s not something in sport that you can predict. It’s not about how many tournaments you play, it’s about how many matches you play , and that’s it. I have my calendar in my mind, but then if I’m winning, maybe I play a little bit less, if I’m losing, then I’m going to add tournaments. That’s how it works in this sport.
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal beats Roger Federer
- IPTL 2015 – Full Match: Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer
- IPTL 2015: On-court interview with Rafa and Roger
- IPTL 2015 – Full Match: Rafael Nadal/Rohan Bopanna vs. Roger Federer/Marin Cilic
- IPTL 2015 Match 18: Point of the Match (Mixed Doubles set)
- Rafael Nadal Speaks To India Today
Rafael Nadal Shows Off His Impressive Salsa Skills 🙂