- Nadal Reaches Third Stuttgart Final (via ATP World Tour)
Rafael Nadal will contest his first grass-court final since Wimbledon 2011 after defeating Gael Monfils in the semi-finals of the MercedesCup on Saturday. He prevailed 6-3, 6-4 in one hour and 19 minutes, converting on two of six break chances, while saving all four faced on his own serve.
- Rafael Nadal reaches Stuttgart Open final after straight sets win over Gael Monfils (via Sky Sports)
“I’m playing with the right intensity and waiting for my moment,” said Nadal, who is hoping to win the trophy for a third time. “I’m very, very happy to be in a final again. I think I’m playing well. It’s important for me after losing at Roland Garros to keep going and have the right attitude, the right level of tennis in the next couple of weeks and that is what I am trying.”
- ATP 250 Stuttgart 2015 – Day 6 (via Tennis TourTalk)
“I do not care about the expectations coming from outside. I have been playing for 13 years on the tour now. It’s not about what the people are thinking, it’s about myself. During the first half of the season, I just didn’t find myself on court. I played with too many nerves. I am starting to feel better now and played good tournaments in Monte Carlo and in Rome. I am playing well here, too. That’s the most important thing for me. My level of tennis is there. I have not forgotten how to play tennis in six months,” Nadal explained with a smile and enjoyed playing in front of about 6,000 spectators today.
- Rafael Nadal reaches final at Mercedes Cup as pregnant Amelie Mauresmo to join Andy Murray at Wimbledon (via The National)
“I’m very happy with this performance,” said the Spaniard. “I’m slowly improving on grass. It would be fantastic to win on grass here, but I can only focus on the final and try to play my best.”
- Rafael Nadal finds his feet on grass to reach final in Stuttgart (via The Guardian)
Nadal will rest on Monday before playing Alexandr Dolgopolov in his opening match on Tuesday. It is seven years since Nadal won his first tournament on grass, here at Queen’s, before going on to beat Roger Federer in one of the great Wimbledon finals – and, although he has tumbled down the rankings this summer to a 10-year low of 10, the Spaniard seems to be repairing the damage to his tennis on the surface to which he is least suited.
- 8th Day MercedesCup 2015
- Highlights: Rafael Nadal sweeps past Gael Monfils in Stuttgart (via Eurosport)
- Highlights: Rafael Nadal reaches Stuttgart Open final (via Sky Sports)
- Post-match interview: Rafael Nadal (via stroppa777)
- Rafael Nadal Press conference (SF) – Mecedes Cup, Stuttgart (via HD Tennis TV)
- Rafa Nadal after his match against Bernard Tomic (via Mercedes Cup)