- Nadal Looks To Extend Streak Over Berdych (via ATP World Tour)
The match marks Nadal’s first meeting with a Top 10 player since he defeated Novak Djokovic in the 2014 Roland Garros final. Despite his head-to-head record against Berdych, the Spaniard knows he’ll need to come prepared. “It doesn’t matter what happened in the past,” said Nadal, as he looks to make his fifth semi-final in Melbourne. “It is a different story this time. The way we arrive to the match is not going to affect what happens in the match. I’m sure of that.
- A look ahead to Day 9 at the Australian Open (via USA Today)
Can Berdych do the unthinkable and stop an 18-match skid against Nadal? If there were any time it’s now, in a tournament where Nadal has appeared all over the map. But the Spaniard, winner here in 2009, looked convincing in his fourth round win over Kevin Anderson, a three-set wallop that many expected to be close. Berdych plays a similar style to Anderson, meaning Nadal is primed to make his fifth Australian Open semifinal and second straight. The last time Berdych beat Nadal? In 2006 – and 18 matches ago.
- AO Analyser: Rafa weathers the storm (via Australian Open)
Nadal was shaky and vulnerable, but also resilient and defiant. He is definitely not playing his best tennis, but that takes time after the horrible run of injury and illness he has recently had to endure. Tennis is a sport where one point matters, you play one point at a time, and you get one day better. That’s how champions evolve, and that’s how Nadal made it through to the second week of this year’s Australian Open.
PHOTOS: Seeing tennis in black and white (via Australian Open)
AUDIO: Andy Murray: I like (Rafa Nadal’s) short shorts (via BBC)
One of the hottest debates raging during the first week of the Australian Open has been the length of Rafa Nadal’s shorts. Nadal, famed for wearing knee length shorts throughout his career, has been sporting attire somewhat shorter. It’s a topic which has grabbed the attention of many – including Andy Murray…
- AO Expert: Berdych v Nadal (via Australian Open)
- Eurosport: Interview with Nadal (via YouTube/stroppa777)
- Rafa Nadal: WEPLAY Week 1 (via Medibank)
- #ICYMI: Australian Open Week 1 (via ESPN)
- Kevin Anderson v Rafael Nadal highlights (4R) (via AO)
- Rafa Nadal – Silestone 25 Anniversary (via Cosetino TV)