- Federer & Nadal On Wimbledon Semi-Final Collision Course (via ATP World Tour)
Nadal, the champion at Wimbledon in 2008 and ’10, has tricky opposition from the start. The Spaniard faces Martin Klizan in the first round and could meet Lukas Rosol, who famously beat the Spaniard in the 2012 second round, once again in the second round. He is seeded to meet the towering Ivo Karlovic in the third round and could face the returning Richard Gasquet, into the Eastbourne semi-finals, or Gael Monfils in the fourth round. Nadal is bidding to win the Roland Garros-Wimbledon double for the third time.
- Nadal Has Tough Road In Quest For Roland Garros-Wimbledon Double (via Wimbledon)
- Wimble-Void? (via tennis.com)
Is it possible to have a dominant Big 4, and a void at the top of the game? That’s what it feels like as the men head to Wimbledon this year. Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, and Roger Federer are seeded No. 1 through No. 4, have collectively won virtually every Grand Slam played over the last decade, and seem to be in at least passable physical condition. But would you put your money on any one of them individually to win the tournament?
- Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams get tough Wimbledon draws (via CNN)
- Wimbledon draw winners and losers (via SI.com)
- Wimbledon draws: Murray-Djokovic SF? Serena-Maria QF? Nadal-Rosol R2? (via tennis.com)
- Rafael Nadal debutará en Wimbledon el martes contra el eslovaco Martin Klizan (via Mundo Deportivo)
El tenista español Rafa Nadal, número uno del mundo, debutará el martes 24 en el torneo de Wimbledon contra el eslovaco Martin Klizan, según el sorteo de emparejamientos realizado hoy.
- Nadal contra los bombarderos (via El Pais)
- Lindsay Davenport: ‘Nadal Will Be Greatest Clay Player Of All Time’ (via gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com)
Somehow, Rafael Nadal has won the French Open nine of the last 10 years. “Rafa Nadal is just a beast,” Davenport said. “Winning nine times, it’s remarkable. He’ll be the greatest clay player of all time.”
- Spanish tennis urges ITF to backtrack, honor Nadal as 2013 player of year (via latino.foxnews.com)
The governing body of tennis in Spain voted Thursday to urge the International Tennis Federation to backtrack on its decision to name Novak Djokovic the player of the year for 2013 and instead confer that honor on Spanish world No. 1 Rafael Nadal.
- La RFET insta a la Federación Internacional a que reconozca a Nadal como mejor jugador del mundo (via rfet.es)
- Nadal tops Federer among Sports Illustrated/Fortune highest earners (via tennis.com)
Rafael Nadal, not Roger Federer, is the highest-earning player in tennis, according to Sports Illustrated and Fortune magazine’s annual rankings of athlete incomes.
- Federer, Nadal Rank Among Highest-Paid Athletes (via ATP World Tour)
- Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal: Welcome to the last Wimbledon of the Golden Age (via Oregon Live)
No one wants to hear it and no one wants to believe it, but we must face facts. This is the last time we’re going to see Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal make serious runs at the same Wimbledon, the last time we can reasonably hope to see these two great rivals square off on Centre Court in the second week of the tournament. Will it happen?
- Steve Flink: 2014 Wimbledon Preview (via tennischannel.com)
If Nadal can survive the early days of Wimbledon when the grass is slick and the conditions play havoc with his game, he will be increasingly tough to beat across the second week when the courts harden and the conditions start to resemble those on hard courts.
- Wimbledon 2014 Quiz: Which top tennis player are you? (via yourlocalguardian.co.uk)
- Five Things All Tennis Players Can Learn from Rafael Nadal (via examiner.com)
- Rafa warms up for Wimbledon with win over Tommy Robredo in exhibition
- Welcome back to Wimbledon, Rafa!
- Topless Rafael Nadal towels himself off after working up a sweat during the BNP Paribas Tennis Classic (via Daily Mail)
- Will Rafael Nadal flop or fly at Wimbledon? (via ESPN)
- Rafa busy autographing Babolat items, including a racket for the Wimbledon Foundation (via Wimbledon Vine)
- Rafa is getting ready for Wimbledon (via Wimbledon Vine)
- 2014 Wimbledon on ESPN – “Loud”
- Rafel Nadal i el sorteig de Wimbledon (via IB3TV)
- 9 años de TenisWEB.com
At this moment RAFA is the most stunning tennis player on the planet. His shots make entire court spectators react mesmerized by their beauty and inventiveness.
Where can the term ‘beast’ enter such a spectacular quaity of tennis? At most Rafa is a giant not a beast that obviously the commentator does not comprehend.
WAMOS RAFA YOU ARE THE BEST
I like Davenport’s comment “Nadal will be the greatest clay player of all times” – where has she been for the past ten years?!? Hasn’t she heard?!? Rafa IS the greatest, and has been so for several years …!!! VAAAMOOOSSS RAAAFAAA to win Wimbledon AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
How I totally object to Rafael Nadal being called a ” beast”. Recognise his greatness as a human being not an animal. Wonderful Rafael, wonderful player, humble human being. Vamos Rafaaaaa
my hero is not a beast, who make this comment is worst bitch
OMG! Rafa looks stunning in white!!