- Nadal ‘Encouraged’ By Clay Performance (via ATP World Tour)
“Two weeks ago, my chances to play well in Roland Garros were not very high,” said Nadal. “But I will arrive now more encouraged.” … “My feelings [about Roland Garros] are better now than one week ago. Each week of the clay season got better for me. I hope to be ready.”
- Rafa Nadal: I can do better, but I’m proud of how I played in Rome (via Internazionali BNL d’Italia)
“Novak is one of the best in the world and is playing great. I played well at times, but my legs didn’t answer after a tough week. I can do better, but I am also proud about this week.”
- Djokovic Spies No. 1 Chance At Roland Garros (via ATP World Tour)
If Nadal were to lose against another opponent in the final, he would need to hope Djokovic lost in the quarter-finals or earlier to hang on to the No. 1 spot. Should the Spaniard lose in the semi-finals, he would need Djokovic to lose in the second round. Anything less than a semi-final showing from Nadal would guarantee Djokovic the top spot, regardless of the Belgrade native’s performance.
- Five thoughts about Djokovic beating Nadal in Rome final (via The Tennis Space)
… Nadal remains the favourite with the bookmakers to win a ninth Roland Garros crown and deservedly so. It’s one thing to beat him over three sets and another altogether to sustain that brilliance over five. Nadal’s level in Paris rarely dips so someone will have to play out of their mind for three sets. The only time he’s lost there was to Robin Soderling in 2009 when his knees were creaking and it’s still a massive psychological hurdle for Djokovic – or anyone else – to overcome to beat him in Paris.
- Brain Game: How Novak Tamed Rafa (via ATP World Tour)
- French Open 2014 Draw: Date, Time, Live Stream Info and More (bleacherreport.com)
The draw for the 2014 French Open takes place Friday, when the road to the final for tennis’ biggest stars will be revealed.
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal loses Rome final
- Presentación Del Rafa Nadal Tour By Mapfre
- Rafael Nadal v Novak Djokovic highlights
- Rafael Nadal’s post-final presser
- The Best Tennis Hot Shots From 2014 Rome
- Looking Back At The 2014 Rome Tournament
REMINDER: Rafael Nadal’s Birthday Project