- Nadal In Miami Quarter-Final Action (via ATP World Tour)
… The top seeded Spaniard will look to reach the final four at an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event for the 52nd time when he opens the night session against Raonic. The pair meet for the fifth time with Nadal leading their FedEx Head2Head series 4-0, winning all eight sets they’ve contested.
- Spanish university regrets controversy over doctorate for tennis star Nadal (via latino.foxnews.com)
… University of the Balearic Islands, or UIB, president Llorenç Huguet said Tuesday it was a shame that opposition by members of the university community had led to Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal deciding to turn down an honorary from the institution. The Spanish tennis star notified the UIB in a brief letter on Monday that he would not accept the honorary degree and thanked the university for having considered him for the honor.
- Sony Open Stars Talk World Cup (via sonyopentennis.com)
… “I expect a good tournament, like always. And as one of the (favorites) it wouldn’t surprise me to see them make a good (tournament),” Nadal said. As for a potential matchup with host Brazil, Rafa said he welcomed the challenge for the national team. “I expect the same (as always); an even match. A real tough match and it wouldn’t surprise me that the team that goes in (with a little) more confidence, more motivated, will win.”
- Rafael Nadal’s Sony Open Performance Won’t Impact French Open Chances (via bleacherreport.com)
… Perhaps Nadal can have his cake and eat it too by winning the Sony Open and leaving South Florida with a clean bill of health, but expect Nadal to reign supreme at Roland Garros once again in 2014 regardless.
- Rafael Nadal wins Laureus Comeback Award (via laureus.com)
… After receiving his Award, Nadal said: “I would like to thank all the Academy Members for voting for me for this Award. It means a lot to me, especially as I know how tough the competition was. This Award is very special because the year before I came back on court was very hard with my injury. I never thought that I would have the chance to be back as I did. So this Laureus means a lot to me, probably more than any other.”
- El primer torneo Rafa Nadal Tour by MAPFRE finaliza en Sevilla con los valores como principales triunfadores (via rafanadaltour.com)
- Los valores: principales triunfadores del primer torneo Rafa Nadal Tour by MAPFRE (via fundacionrafanadal.org)
- ICYMI: Rafael Nadal press conference (post-Fognini, pre-Raonic)
- Rafael Nadal wins Laureus World Comeback of the Year award for 2013
- Rafael Nadal defeats Fabio Fognini to reach quarterfinals at Sony Open Miami
- Best photos from the Sony Open (via SI.com)
- Miami 2014 Preview: Nadal vs. Raonic and Berdych vs. Dolgopolov
- ATP Classic Nadal vs Federer: How It All Began – On the 10th anniversary of their first meeting, ATP World Tour looks at the first two clashes between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, which both came at the Sony Open in Miami.
- The Mutua Madrid Open invites you to its Charity Day in the Caja Mágica
- Rafa defeats Fabio Fognini – Full match, hot shot, interview
REMINDER: Nadal vs. Raonic – What time does Rafa play? / A que hora juega Rafa en tu país?
Ahooooooooy Rafa u r the greatest, vat alles and vavavava
VIVA RAFA !!! 🙂