… “It’s true that with love/40, I was very close to losing, to being out, but I think I did two good serves and then I played a great point,” said Nadal. “Tough one. Anything can happen, but in the end I played well. After that, I think I played better.
- Indian Wells: Nadal d. Stepanek (via tennis.com)
… “I was a little bit of lucky,” Nadal said afterward with a grin, acknowledging how important that 2-3 game had been. He also acknowledged that while Stepanek is a “tough guy to play,” he would need to clean up his act going forward. And soon: Nadal could have it tough again in his next round, when he faces the explosively streaky Alexandr Dolgopolov.
- Federer, Nadal, Murray Advance at Indian Wells (via abcnews.com)
… “With my serve I was doing nothing. When that happens, the opponent is able to play more aggressive, play more confident and in the end, eight double faults, I give him an opportunity to win a lot of free points,” Nadal said. “I was a little bit scared for the back. I am not feeling 100 percent confident with my serve. But probably that match is going to help me understand that I can start to serve normal again.”
- Nadal sufre para ganar a Stepanek en tres sets (via mundodeportivo.com)
… Rafa Nadal ganó al checo Radek Stepanek en la segunda ronda de Indian Wells (California), el primerMaster 1000 del año, en un partido a tres sets (2-6, 6-4 y 7-5) muy sufrido por el tenista español.
- Nadal defeats Stepanek – Full match, hotshot, highlights, interview
- Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and John McEnroe BNP Paribas Open Murals Unveiled
- BNP Paribas Open: Rafael Nadal Returns for Title Defense
- Federer’s Wacky Warmup — Nadal’s Romantic Vacay — Li Na’s Bad Aim
- Who’s on Tap: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Rafael Nadal and More
- Rafael Nadal gets oiled up at ATP photo shoot in Indian Wells