… No two players grabbed more headlines in 2013 than Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal. Their seasons unfolded in a similar manner — they each won two Grand Slams, captured at least 10 titles, reclaimed the No. 1 ranking and finished the year in the top spot for the third time. The similarities lead to this question: Who had the better season — Serena or Rafa?
- All change at the top (via Roland Garros)
… The big four has thus morphed into a big two… but there is nothing to say that this will continue to be the case in 2014. After all, the only thing that we can be sure of for next season is that the glorious uncertainty of sport will continue…
- Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic lined up for rematch at Mubadala World Tennis Championship as draw is released (via thenational.ae)
… Nadal and Djokovic have never played in Abu Dhabi before, and if that is to change this year it will be in the final, with the two in separate halves of the draw.
- 2013: The Year In Review (via Tennis 15-30)
- Toni Nadal: How to have a strong work ethic (via thetennistopic.com)
… Exclusive tips from Rafael Nadal’s coach and uncle, Toni, on ‘How to have a strong work ethic’.
- Rafa Nadal and his brother first ever interview all in aid of a good cause
- Rafa @ Necker Cup: Rafa, are you now ready for the dance floor?
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal @ Necker Cup 2013