- Peliwo: My week as Rafa’s hitting partner (via tennishead.net)
… “I have played with him once before, so I knew what to expect but I think I am handling things pretty well,” Peliwo said. “Rafa seems to bring out my best game because I have to go 100% with my intensity and that brings my game up. “Rafa forces you to play 100% or even 110% – over your maximum. At first it was a bit difficult because I hadn’t been playing with players like Rafa but once I got used to it I am not missing too much.
… “I just thank my family. Without their support, this wouldn’t have been possible. It’s been a very emotional year and ending here with so much support at the O2. It’s fantastic after what happened last year.
- Federer-Nadal, By the Numbers (via tennisnow.com)
… 30: Number of Grand Slams won by Federer and Nadal combined. That’s a lot of hardware. Sunday’s match marks the first time that 30 Grand Slam titles have shared the same court in an ATP match.
… Nadal, 27, secured his semi-final place on Friday and is looking to win the season-ending title for the first time. “I am in the semi-finals without losing a match, so that’s the most important thing for me,” he said. “The only way to win the semi-finals is playing my best match, playing fantastic tennis.”
- Federer on facing Nadal: Must look at myself as underdog (via tennis.com)
… “We know each other that well. He’s going to do exactly what he needs to do, I’m going to try to do what I need to do. Hopefully it’s going to match up good for me. If not, he deserves it. He’s had a wonderful season.”
… La pista ‘indoor’ de Londres premia la agresividad y castiga que la pelota del español tarde más en llegar a sus rivales: 0,65s, por los 0,61s de Djokovic y los 0,43s de Del Potro
- Andy Murray Retells Nadal Prank – The Jonathan Ross Show
- Rafael Nadal Talks About Receiving Player Awards in London
- In the rain Rafa takes time with the fans!
- Rafael Nadal on adapting his forehand