- Nadal One Win Away From Year-End No. 1 (via ATP)
… The 27-year-old Nadal will qualify for the semi-finals, at The O2 in London, should he beat Stanislas Wawrinka in two sets or if he beats Wawrinka and Ferrer overcomes Tomas Berdych.
- Nadal, Wawrinka On A Mission (via ATP)
… For sure he’s a much better player than me. He’s No. 1 in the world. He’s had an incredible year. It doesn’t matter if I play him indoors or outdoors, it’s going to be a tough match for me.
- Nadal still loves London despite concerns (via ESPN)
… “I like the sunshine,” Nadal joked in response to the question. “It is a bit different, the feeling of the ball, on your racquet, is different. The sound is different. All of these small things that make you feel a little strange. At the end I didn’t play a lot in indoors in my career, so that’s another point.”
… Roger Federer doesn’t share Rafael Nadal’s opinion that the surface for the ATP World Tour Finals should change every year. In an interview with CNN, Federer said he believes the season-ending tournament should continue to be played on indoor hard courts.
- Nadal gives backing to Troicki (via ESPN)
… “At the end it’s a tough position for everybody because I believe in Viktor,” Nadal said. “But at the end there is somebody that has to take the decision. The doctor who accepted to make the control the next day, if it’s that way, [it’s a] big mistake from the doctor too.”
- AUDIO: “Es la temporada más meritoria de mi carrera” (in Spanish)
- Nadal, a una victoria del número uno (vie elpais.com)
… Así, Nadal se cita el miércoles con el suizo Stanislas Wawrinka, que nunca le ha ganado (0-11). Si el español vence, habrá dado un paso de gigante para llegar a las semifinales del torneo final de temporada y algo más: se habrá asegurado cerrar una temporada como el mejor tenista del planeta tres años después de la última vez que logró ese éxito (2010).
- Full Match: Nadal v Ferrer
- Nadal Interview (RR, London): Rafa speaks about his 6-3, 6-2 win over David Ferrer in a round-robin match at the Final Showdown.
- Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 Tuesday Hot Shot Nadal: Rafa turns an impossible shot into a winner against David Ferrer.
- Nadal on the Sky Pad: Rafa reviews his performance during his opening match against David Ferrer in the ATP World Tour Finals.
- Straight sets victory for Nadal: Rafa Nadal reflects on his opening victory over David Ferrer in the ATP World Tour Finals.
ATP London – Tuesday Round-up (Day Session): Just three days after meeting in the Paris semi-finals, Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer went head-to-head in their opening match in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
Tweet Of The Day: