… “The court is fast, faster than the previous years,” said Nadal. “I think I played a good match. To win against Dolgopolov the way I did is because I did a lot of things well. The serve worked great. Something that didn’t happen last week. That’s a very important thing.”
- How the One Percent Live: Thoughts on Rafa’s, Roger’s, and Novak’s opening-round wins in Shanghai. (via tennis.com)
- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal weigh in on Viktor Troicki’s doping ban (via SI.com)
… “If Viktor said, ‘I don’t want to do it today,’ the [doping control officer] had to say, ‘OK, if you don’t do it today, you will be penalized and you will not do it tomorrow,’” Nadal said.
- An interview with Rafael Nadal – October 8, 2013 (via ASAP Sports)
… “For the last five years, seems like lot of people talking like I will not be able to play long the way that I play. But I am here again with 27 years old ‑ and a half almost (smiling) ‑ and I really hope to have the chance to be here for a lot of more years.
So still in my mind Olympics in Brazil. Is something I really want to arrive there in good conditions. Is a real goal for me. If that’s a goal for me, remain a long time to arrive there, so I gonna try. “
- Moya to be named Spanish Davis Cup captain (via tennis.com)
… Former top-ranked player Carlos Moya is set to replace Alex Corretja as captain of Spain’s Davis Cup team. Moya’s appointment is expected to be announced formally on Thursday. He will take over in 2014 from Corretja, whose contract expires at the end of this year.
- Rafael Nadal watches Roger Federer (Shanghai Rolex Masters 1000) (via YouTube)
- Nadal vs Dolgopolov – Higlights (via YouTube)
- Full Match: Nadal vs Dolgopolov (via YouTube)