The draw has been made for the Mutua Madrid Open.
Rafael Nadal will start the quest for his fourth title of the season against in-form Serb Miomir Kecmanovic or Alexander Bublik. His potential round of 16 opponent would be No.16-seeded Pablo Carreno Busta.
Our champ, Carlos Alcaraz, and Novak Djokovic are all in the top half of the Madrid draw and there is a possibility of the two Spaniards going head-to-head in the quarter-finals.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Miomir Kecmanovic or Alexander Bublik
- 3rd round: Pablo Carreno Busta
- Quarter-final: Carlos Alcaraz
- Semi-final: Novak Djokovic
- Final: Alexander Zverev
- Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud
- Rafael Nadal vs Carlos Alcaraz
- Andrey Rublev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Alexander Zverev
A five-time champion in Madrid, Rafa takes a stunning 20-1 win-loss record into his Madrid opener, having kicked off his season with a three-title sweep before placing runner-up in the California desert.
He will be hoping to get back into form as he builds to the French Open, which he will be aiming to win for a record-extending 14th time.
Goof luck & Vamos Rafa!
Source: ATP Tour