Singles draw has been made for the second Grand Slam event of the season, the Roland Garros, taking place in Paris, from May 27 to June 10.
Eleven-time champion Rafael Nadal will play in the first round against a qualifier, and then face the winner of qualifier-qualifier.
In the third round, Rafa could meet Belgian David Goffin before a clash with Nikoloz Basilashvili, who he has beaten convincingly in their two clay matches.
The projected quarter-finals set up a match with Kei Nishikori and a semi-final against Roger Federer.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: a qualifier
- 2nd round: a qualifier
- 3rd round: David Goffin
- 4th round: Nikoloz Basilashvili or Guido Pella
- Quarter-final: Kei Nishikori
- Semi-final: Roger Federer or Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Final: Novak Djokovic
Potential French Open 2019 quarter-final draw (if top seeds win through):
- Novak Djokovic vs Alexander Zverev
- Dominic Thiem vs Juan Martin del Potro
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Roger Federer
- Kei Nishikori vs Rafael Nadal
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!