After the exhibition match in Abu Dhabi, Rafael Nadal is scheduled to make his official return to competition next week at Brisbane.
Top seed Rafa has a bye to the second round in Brisbane, where he will face either Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or a qualifier. He is seeded to face Aussie teenager Alex de Minaur in the last eight and 2016 champion Milos Raonic in the semis.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Quarter-final: Alex de Minaur
- Semi-final: Daniil Medvedev or Milos Raonic
- Final: Grigor Dimitrov or Kei Nishikori
- Rafael Nadal vs Alex de Minaur
- Daniil Medvedev vs Milos Raonic
- Nick Kyrgios vs Kyle Edmund
- Grigor Dimitrov vs Kei Nishikori
Our champ first played Brisbane in 2017 with the tournament proving the perfect preparation for his Australian Open campaign.
Brisbane International 2019 will be held at Queensland Tennis Centre from 30 December 2018 to 6 January 2019. The tournament is part of the Emirates Australian Open Series.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!