- Nadal, Del Potro to play at 2017 Mexican Open | Fox News Latino
Spain’s Rafael Nadal and Argentina’s Juan Martin del Potro are among the players who will compete at next year’s Mexican Open in the Pacific port city of Acapulco, organizers said Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Nadal, the champion in Acapulco in 2005 and 2013, will be vying for his third title at the event, which will be held Feb. 27 to March 4, 2017, tournament director Raul Zurutuza said in a press conference.
- Wilander: ‘Nadal is no drugs cheat’ | gulfnews.com
“There’s always going to be someone who will try to take advantage of certain situations but his name is not Rafael Nadal that’s for sure,” seven-time Grand Slam winning Swede Wilander told Gulf News on Tuesday.
“If you get permission from the organisation that conducts drugs tests and will call upon you if you fail, and they recommend the dose and supervise its use then it’s completely different.”
- Catching Up with Noted Underwear Model (and Tennis Player) Rafael Nadal ~ by Ashley Fetters | GQ
Which famous athlete would you like to compete against in a game of badminton?
With Rafa Nadal, because he’s my hero, and in fact, I know that he doesn’t like badminton because he says it’s a tough sport. And that’s coming from a tennis player, who in my opinion is the best ever, that plays many hours of tennis, but the truth is that badminton is very, very tough.
Which celebrity would you like to have dinner with?
With Rafa Nadal. Yes, because for me, Rafa Nadal is my hero. He is the mirror I look into because I think we have same competitive and fighting spirit, and we never give up on anything.
- Rafael Nadal attends the Banco Sabadell event in Zaragoza – Más Respuestas Inmediatas con Rafa Nadal | Banco Sabadell
- The Baseline Top 10: Songs Featuring Tennis Stars | tennis.com
#2 Rafael Nadal — There may never be a better shirtless cameo than the Spaniard in Shakira’s “Gypsy.”