- Nadal Repels Raonic to Power Into Shanghai Quarterfinals (via Tennis Now)
Playing shrewd all-court tennis, Nadal defused Milos Raonic, 6-3, 7-6 (3), a day after edging another massive server, Ivo Karlovic, in his opener.
It was Nadal’s first win over a Top 10 opponent since he defeated seventh-ranked Tomas Berdych in the Madrid semifinals last May.
The 27-time Masters champion raised his Masters 1000 record to 299-62.
- Rafael Nadal avenges Indian Wells defeat against Milos Raonic (via ATP World Tour)
“Winning a match 7‑6 in the third yesterday and winning a match again today in the tiebreak of a second set, two tiebreaks without losing a point with my serve, it’s impossible if you don’t have control of your emotions. That’s something that, a couple of months ago, would have been impossible for me,” added Nadal.
“My serve obviously worked much better than yesterday, but when I play well on my service game, it’s not just because I serve well, but especially because I play well from the baseline,” said Nadal, who has not dropped serve since being broken by Ivo Karlovic in the opening game of the second round.
- Djokovic, Nadal And Murray Advance Into Quarters (via Shanghai Rolex Masters)
“It’s obvious today my serve worked much better than yesterday,” Nadal said.
“Happy about the victory,” said Nadal, after the one hour, 40 minute victory. “Obviously is an important victory for me against a top player. Is good to have these victories for the confidence and because that says that I am playing better.”
- Rafael Nadal into Shanghai Masters quarter finals after beating Milos Raonic
- Shanghai 2015: Rafael Nadal’s Third Round Press Conference
- 2015 Shanghai Rolex Masters – Thursday Highlights feat. Nadal Djokovic Murray (via TennisTV)
- Nadal Stuns Raonic With Hot Shot (via ATP World Tour)
- Rafa Nadal on ambition, Chinese food and Ninja Turtles | Australian Open 2016