- Nadal To Take On Nishikori (via ATP World Tour)
“It’s not a problem anymore,” Nadal said. “I don’t have pain anymore in the shoulder. But during the Hamburg tournament I couldn’t serve very well. I was just trying to put serves in, very slow speed. But happy the way I served today. I think I was serving very well tonight.”
“Ha sido una victoria positiva para mí. Creo que he jugado genial, porque estaba practicando un gran nivel de tenis”, afirmó Nadal. Además, el de Manacor reveló que no tiene “dolor en el hombro” y que “ya no es un problema” para él en la pista.
- Nadal and the ballboy (via Rogers Cup)
That’s when the 16-year-old thought to himself that he should pick up the ball so Nadal wouldn’t step on it and injure himself. “At that very moment, a Lopez serve went by and hit me in the eye.” The accident caused Delage to lose most of his vision in his right eye.
Nadal had asked to meet Delage right after the accident but the ballboy was still recovering. This year, the world no.9 didn’t want to miss his chance. “He’s really nice. It was amazing,” said Gabriel Delage. “I had totally forgotten. I didn’t think it would really happen.” The ballboy later found out that Nadal had even asked about him from Cincinnati two years ago.
“Todo el mundo puede cometer errores, pero la edad no es una excusa”, aclaró el español, a raíz de la juventud e inexperiencia del australiano en el circuito.
“Espero que sea capaz de reconocer su error y de modificar su actitud. Es un fantástico jugador de tenis y, posiblemente, podría ser el N°1 en el futuro”, finalizó Nadal.
- Rafael Nadal on Nick Kyrgios’s behaviour (via Stephanie Myles)
- Rogers Cup R3: Rafael Nadal’s Press Conference + Match Highlights (via beinsports.tv)
- Rogers Cup R3: An excerpt from Rafael Nadal’s presser (via rds.ca)
- 2015 Rogers Cup – ATP Thursday Highlights (via TennisTV)
- Nadal Reflects On Third-Round Win – Montreal 2015
- Nadal Wrist-Flick Hot Shot Montreal 2015
- ATP Rogers Cup Flashback – Rafael Nadal v Andre Agassi, Montreal 2005 (via TennisTV)