- Nadal practicing with a splint after wrist injury (via tennis.com)
“It is a common injury in tennis,” said Dr. Angel Ruiz Cotorro, who is treating Nadal. Speaking to Spanish press, the doctor added that no decision could yet be taken about whether Nadal will play the Flushing Meadows major. “[Nadal] should go and have ultrasounds and scans every day to see how it recovers,” he said.
- Toni Nadal: “Soy optimista y confío en jugar el US Open” (via puntodebreak.com)
El tío y entrenador de Rafael Nadal habla en exclusiva para Punto de Break sobre el estado físico del tenista español y sus opciones de jugar el próximo US Open. Toni Nadal es optimista respecto a la participación de Nadal en el último Grand Slam del año, aunque no se pronuncia sobre su presencia en la próxima eliminatoria de la Copa Davis ante Brasil.
- Rafael Nadal will struggle at US Open with lack of match practice (via Sky Sports)
“With the polythene strings now being used in rackets, and the power with which players strike the ball, the wrist is vulnerable to heightened impact and we may well see more injuries of Nadal’s kind in years to come.” Barry Cowan
- Tweets of the Week: Fognini Courts Djokovic & More (via tennis.com)
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal practices in Manacor (August 4, 2014)
- Rafael Nadal practices in Mallorca – August 4, 2014 (via Instagram/@lulubuch)
- Rafael Nadal practices with a splint on injured right wrist (via SI.com)
Last week the ATP’s No. 2 withdrew from the Rogers Cup and next week’s Western & Southern Open due to a right wrist injury he sustained in practice. But that hasn’t kept him off the practice courts (the U.S. Open is just three weeks away) — with his right wrist immobilized in a splint, the Spaniard is still hitting the cover off of the ball with his forehand.
- Valores En Rafa Nadal Tour By Mapfre (via Rafa Nadal Foundation)