- Miami Final Preview: Djokovic vs. Nadal (via ATP World Tour)
… This will be the 40th meeting between Nadal and Djokovic, which is the most frequent Open Era match-up. The pair has met 39 times in total (22-17 Nadal) – 20 times on hard courts (13-7 Djokovic); 16 times on clay (13-3 Nadal); and three times on grass (2-1 Nadal).
- Men’s Final Preview: Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic (via tennis.com)
… So Nadal seems to have the mental edge going into this one. Game-wise, I think a lot will depend on how well Nadal serves. Although his trademark is sensational defense, Nadal most dangerous when he takes the initiative and forces the action. These days, Djokovic seems willing to let his opponents call the shots. That’s understandable: He’s the most well-balanced player on the tour, and he’s got a knack for on-the-trot problem solving.
- Novak & Rafa: The Rivalry (via ATP World Tour)
- Las citas frustradas de Nadal y Federer (via blogs.elpais.com)
- Rafa vs The World: Behind the scenes (via pokerstarsblog.com)
… Just as soon as it begins, it’s over. Rafa is all smiles, exhaling and happy. There was no monetary prize for winning, but that doesn’t matter. Rafa wanted to win, and he did. He’s happy enough to take pictures with the crew, sign a few autographs, and kick his feet up for a bit before retiring to his room.
- Historic Double Walkover in Florida (via nytimes.com)
… Tennis has had plenty of high-profile days descend into duds through the years because of rainouts, routs or mid-match twists of fate or ankle. But the game may never have had a day quite as eventfully uneventful as Friday, when two men’s singles semifinals were on the schedule at the Sony Open and both were resolved without a point being played as Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic advanced to the final.
- Interview with Rafa
- Five Nadal-Djokovic Moments to Savor (via tennisnow.com)
- ESPN: Rafa with Cahill and Fowler
- Nadal and Djokovic Meet In the 2014 Sony Open Tennis Final
- Sony Open Tennis ATP Daily Highlights