… Seven years ago, a precocious 20 year old named Rafael Nadal took to Rod Laver Arena to face an emerging star in Stanislas Wawrinka, in the third round of the 2007 Australian Open. In what would be the first of 12 encounters between the Spaniard and the Swiss, Nadal has dominated the FedEx ATP Head2Head, having yet to relinquish a set.
- Is Rafael Nadal an Unstoppable Force Entering 2014 Australian Open Men’s Final? (via bleacherreport.com)
… If Nadal wins the Australian Open on Sunday, he will have 15,130 points, a nearly 5,000-point lead over No. 2 Djokovic. He’d have almost 10,000 more points than would-be No. 3, Juan Martin del Potro. That’s such a big gap that it’s laughable… In sports, nothing is a given. Nobody is unbeatable. But in tennis, Rafael Nadal is as close as it gets.
… Nadal regularly pulverises single-handers by looping high, heavy-spinning forehands that bounce up around their ears. The tactic worked against Federer on Friday and it must be heavily favoured to work again on Sunday. Wawrinka will need Bond-like survival instincts to escape his likely doom.
- Nadal Vs. Wawrinka Preview Analysis (via ATP)
- Nadal Winning Blister Battle (via ATP)
… Not only has he had to battle past the likes of Roger Federer, Grigor Dimitrov and Kei Nishikori to reach the Australian Open final, but Rafael Nadal has also been challenged by a troublesome blister in the palm of his left hand.
- Toni Nadal wants ex-players as umpires after Rafa time penalties ( via Eurosport)
… “We had a problem with a girl (Asderaki),” he said on Cadena Ser’s El Larguero show. “Sometimes with the umpires the fact that they have not been players means they do not understand the game very well,” he added.
- Rafael Nadal has got it all going on (via attitude.co.uk)
- Rafa Nadal y Kike Sarasola, grandes ganadores de los Premios Elocuent a la mejor comunicación personal en España (via marketingdirecto.com)
- Someone, Please, Ask Rafael Nadal Who His Celebrity Crush Is (via nymag.com)
- My phone call with Stanford (via pseudofedblog)
… As a way of congratulations Pseudo Fed (parody account) recently called him to offer some tips on how to beat Rafaello Nadal.
- Game, Set and Mats: Nadal’s unstoppable forehand – Mats Wilander looks at how to take on the amazing Rafa Nadal.
- World awaits mouthwatering Nadal v Wawrinka final – Rafa Nadal is hot favourite to win the Australian Open title for the second time against the Swiss star.
- Game, Set and Mats: Fans’ views on Nadal – Fans in Melbourne talk about Rafa Nadal’s semi-final performance.
- Game, Set and Mats: Rafa gets 9/10 – Mats Wilander rated Rafa Nadal’s performance against Roger Federer very highly.
- Game, Set and Mats: The dream semi – A look back at the Roger Federer v Rafa Nadal clash.
AO FINAL – RAFA vs. STAN: What time does Rafael Nadal play against Stan Wawrinka in the final at AO, and where can you watch? Find out here! // ¿A qué hora juega Rafa? ¿Dónde puedo seguir el partido? Descúbrelo aquí.
Quote of the Day:
“He’s not looking at 14, he’s looking beyond. Realistically, he could very well get 17, 18 majors when it’s all said and done.” — Pete Sampras tells BBC that he is a fan of incredible Rafael Nadal
Rafa precocious? Yes – definitely. It means usually advanced & mature in development, especially of the mind, blossoming or ripening early and all of this Rafa has done. People who start out being a little precocious end up being the best of the best in life & their chosen fields …, I rest my case! 🙂
RAFA, The clock is set for 3 A.M. IN OHIO,USA You go all the way!!!! God Bless.
Took this a couple of days ago, feel free to share 🙂
Hi Rafa YOUR bestist Fan again wanting you to win the AO. YES I live in FL. USA. and I have to wake up by 3 AM in the morning to watch you play the Final and sure do hope you lift the Trophy, your the only Tennis player that I can make myself wake up at that Time of Morning. Vamooooooooooooooos Rafa win win win!