- Federer, Nadal, Ferrer among nominees for 2015 ATP World Tour Awards (via The Sport Review)
Nominees for Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award have “conducted themselves at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, competed with fellow players with the utmost spirit of fairness, and promoted the game through off-court activities.” Last year’s recipient was Roger Federer.
Nominated this year: Kevin Anderson, Roger Federer, David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal.
- Nadal to play in Rio Open (via gulfnews.com)
“The Rio Open is an important event on the tennis calendar in a special country,” the 29-year-old said in a statement on Thursday, Xinhua reported.
“I have developed a great relationship with the Brazilian public over the last two years and I love going back there,” Nadal said.
The 2016 Rio Open will be played at the Brazilian Jockey Club from February 15 to 21.
- Roger Federer thanks Rafael Nadal for making him a different player (via ubitennis.com)
The 17-time Grand Slam champion has said that playing Nadal forced him to change his playing style during his career, due to Nadal’s left handed topspin. The change in Federer’s game was welcomed by the Swiss, who thanked Nadal for making him a different player.
” Our rivalry was epic, great”. Federer told the Dutch media. “He made me rephrase my game many times. He is left-handed and the top spin that he stuck was something that I haven’t seen before in this sport. I had to adjust my game. If we look at how he played in 1999 and how I do it now, the change has been brutal. It’s much more crude which before everything was smooth. My movements, the way in which I hit the ball… I’m a different player and that is all thanks to Rafa”.
- Flavia Pennetta Is Calling Her Shots to the End (via The New York Times)
Normally in women’s tennis we are not really happy or supportive when someone wins,” she said. “We are a little bit — what’s the right word in English? — jealous. But I received so many nice messages from all the players.”
There were also two keepsake phone calls. The first was from Rafael Nadal the night of her victory.
“It was 5 a.m. in Spain,” she said. “I know Rafa since he was a kid. I would practice in Majorca when he was not Rafa Nadal, he was just Rafa. We are friends.”
- Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal bump into 7’6″ basketball star Yao Ming on same flight (via Eurosport)
- TENNIS.com Top 25: October 20 (via tennis.com)
The Asian swing had to be a confidence booster for Nadal and his many fans. The Beijing final against Djokovic wasn’t as lopsided as the 6-2, 6-2 score indicated, and Rafa collected three good wins in Shanghai over Ivo Karlovic, Milos Raonic, and Wawrinka.
- Rafael Nadal and Maria Francisca Perello at the Banco Sabadell event in Valencia
- Rafael Nadal’s Pre-Tournament Press Conference At The 2015 Swiss Indoors
- Rafael Nadal practicing in Mallorca (via IB3)
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas & Raul join in karaoke for Julio Iglesias (via goal.com)
Tennis player Rafael Nadal starts off the video, before Ronaldo and former Real Madrid team-mates Casillas and Raul join in the fun.
- Emirates ATP Race To London Update 19 October 2015 (via ATP World Tour)
- Shanghai 2015 Scene Set ATP World Tour Uncovered (via ATP World Tour)
- Rafa Nadal on Australian Open, form and 2016 (via Australian Open)
- Nadal & Laver headline Australian Open Shanghai launch (via Australian Open)
- Rafael Nadal and his uncle Miguel Angel star in new Banco Sabadell campaign