Pursuing a fourth trophy at the BNP Paribas Open, Rafael Nadal enters the Masters 1000 event holding a 50-10 record. He is the second seed and will open his campaign against American wild card Jared Donaldson or Japanese qualifier Tatsuma Ito. Our champ won’t face a top sixteen player until a potential round four clash with Daniil Medvedev.
If the draw holds to quarterfinals, we would have:
- Novak Djokovic vs Dominic Thiem
- Alexander Zverev vs Kevin Anderson
- Roger Federer vs Kei Nishikori
- Rafael Nadal vs John Isner
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- First Round: Bye
- Second Round: Jared Donaldson
- Third Round: Diego Schwartzmann
- Fourth Round: Daniil Medvedev
- Quarter Final: John Isner
- Semi Final: Roger Federer
- Final: Novak Djokovic
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!