The main draw for the 2017 Cincinnati Masters (Western & Southern Open) was performed today.
Rafael Nadal, the No. 1 seed and current world No. 2, was the tournament winner in Cincinnati in 2013.
Following the first round bye, Rafa will open up against Richard Gasquet or a qualifier in the second round, with possible matchups against No. 16 seed Gilles Muller in the third round and No. 8 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarterfinals.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- First round: Bye
- Second round: Richard Gasquet
- Third round: Gilles Muller
- Quarter-final: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or David Goffin
- Semi-final: Dominic Thiem
- Final: Roger Federer
If the men play to seed the quarter-final line up will be:
- Rafael Nadal vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Dominic Thiem vs. Kei Nishikori
- Alexander Zverev vs. Milos Raonic
- Roger Federer vs Grigor Dimitrov
Rafa and Roger Federer will bid to take over No. 1 in the ATP Rankings. If Roger wins the Rogers Cup title, he will become No. 1 on August 21 with an equal-or-better finish than Rafa in Cincinnati.
Good luck Rafa! VAMOS!!