- Nadal vows passionate return to U.S. Open (via Reuters)
“I have been losing matches that I should win. During the season there are some key moments that change the dynamic and I lost all the opportunities to change the dynamic in those key moments.”
“I am happy with the way I am practicing and I’m feeling well I can say,” said Nadal, stressing he has been injury free. “Now I need to win. And I need to be impassioned. I need to keep working with the same intensity and passion and I believe the results will come back.”
- Interview: Rafael Nadal – The spotlight burns brightly as Spaniard heats up New York (via sport360.com)
“I have accepted from the beginning I couldn’t be at the 2012 Olympics, Wimbledon 2009 defending my title… All these types of things, have been unbelievable moments but also low moments. Everything is part of my career. My mentality and point of view always stays the same.”
- Rafael Nadal at the crossroads (via US Open)
The 2015 US Open will require Nadal to find skills he has not fully displayed all year. Hard-court tennis forces Nadal to build points more aggressively than on clay. His two title runs have been highlighted by bold serving, increased net play and more flat forehands struck down-the-line than his bread-and-butter topspin crosscourt drive.
- How the Fab Five has ruled the tennis world (via ESPN)
The Fab Five has beaten all other opponents 82.4 percent of the time over their careers. Against one another? Nadal has enjoyed the most success.
“For me it was very important, with all the traveling, to have the chance to do this in my hometown,” he says, adding that while his parents haven’t weighed in on the sexy shots, his sister was supportive: “My sister sent me a message that she saw it and she liked it!”
- Rafael Nadal for GQ Magazine
- Players Getting Ready (via US Open)
- Nike’s Iconic Street Tennis Ad Celebrates 20 Years With Take Two (via Nike)
- Rafael Nadal has fun at the Johnny Mac Tennis Project Benefit
- Rafael Nadal backs Costa Brava-Barcelona’s Bid for The 2022 Ryder Cup Bid (via Costa Brava Barcelona 2022)
- Rafael Nadal — Pumped for Serena & Drake … He’s a ‘Great Guy’ (via TMZ)