- Nadal Battles Past Murray In Rome Reunion – with video (via ATP World Tour)
Nadal had reached the quarter-finals with two battling victories. He prevailed against Gilles Simon in three hours and 19 minutes – the longest best-of-three-set match this season – and came from a set and a break down to defeat Mikhail Youzhny. This is the first time since 2005 Rome that Nadal has won three straight decisive-set matches on clay in the same tournament.
- Nadal es todo corazón (via El Pais)
“Esta victoria me hace sentir vivo. Fue difícil”, acertó a decir Nadal, que ganó 12 de los 13 últimos puntos. El adjetivo, sin embargo, se quedó corto.
- First Ball In, 5/16: Roman Banquet (via tennis.com)
We’ve been waiting for both of these guys to find their way this spring. They found it against each tonight and reminded us one more time, just in case we had forgotten, what Big 4 tennis is all about.
- Worth the Wait: Nadal Rallies Over Murray in Rome (via Tennis Now)
Since Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal last faced each other across the net in Tokyo back in 2011, a lot had transpired for both men. Murray won Olympic gold and Wimbledon to the delight of his nation. For Nadal, recovery from a knee injury led him to several Grand Slam titles and then back to the No. 1 ranking.
- Nadal se impone a Murray en un gran encuentro y pasa a semifinales en Roma – with video (via rtve.es)
- Audio – Rafael Nadal: “La mente tiene que ir acorde con el juego” (via tennistopic.com)
- Interview with Rafael Nadal
- Rome 2014 Friday Hot Shot Murray
- Highlights: Rafa vs Andy
- Match Point Nadal
- 2nd set: Rafa breaks
- 3rd set: Murray breaks, Nadal breaks right back!
- Nadal’s practice in Rome
REMINDER: Birthday Project for Rafa