- Nadal Named Honourary Citizen Of Madrid (via ATP World Tour)
“It’s a very special day for me and I’m grateful for this honour,” said Nadal to an audience including council members, Tournament Director Manuel Santana and owner Ion Tiriac. “I first wish to thank my family, team, friends and everyone that has helped me in my career and that are by my side at all times. “I want to share this distinction with the citizens of Madrid. I feel very close to Madrid because I love the city and also because the people here always support me in a big way.”
- A Foothold on Clay May Be Slipping (via New York Times)
“If I were him, I would be far from panic,” said Paul Annacone, who coached Pete Sampras and Roger Federer. “I don’t really believe in panic anyway. But Rafa has a couple more tournaments before the French. He’s going to get plenty of matches in. He’s won the French Open 6,000 times. It doesn’t mean it’s a fait accompli, but his level of comfort should be just fine.”
- Federer and Nadal Rivalry Soothes the Soul (via Tennis View Magazine)
Within five minutes of Nadal’s appearance, Jane heard herself saying, “I have cancer. You inspire me to fight.” She remembers his boyish smile. “He looked me right in the eyes with those adorable dimples fixed on his cheeks and said, “And how are you doing now?” Jane replied as he signed her ticket, “I’m doing great RIGHT NOW!” They chatted a little longer before she stepped back from the crowd.
- Nadal, hijo adoptivo de Madrid (via El Pais)
El tenista, de 27 años, mostró su felicidad. “Yo me siento muy cercano a Madrid, me encanta la ciudad y siempre he recibido el cariño de los madrileños”. El balear dijo haber vivido en Madrid “emociones inolvidables” y afirmó que este reconocimiento por su trabajo responde “con creces” a su “cariño por esta ciudad y por lo que Madrid representa como capital de este país”.
- Tennis Family Mourns Baltacha (via The Slice)
- Rafa On The Practice Courts – Madrid Open 2014
- Rafa named Honourary Citizen and Adopted Son of Madrid
- Rafa Attends Real Madrid vs. Valencia
- Rafa Pre-Tournament Press Conference
- Interview with Rafael Nadal
- Rafael Nadal about Champions League’s final (via Real Madrid)
- Nadal, Hijo Adoptivo de Madrid, se asegura el número uno antes de disputar el Master (via RTVE)